PSA could you please fill out this super quick questionnaire, it’ll help me get to know my readers more and bring you more content!
I’m often asked if I have a favorite project or a go to project that I work on when I’m in need for a quick knitting, crochet or DIY gift, so I am sharing my secrets!
Knitting Gift Ideas
Full disclosure, I don’t think knitting is my favorite for “last minute gifts.” It isn’t always quick or easy, but these are actually projects that any level knitter can do and they don’t take long at all 🙂
- Hats – These are my ultimate go to project for both knitting and crochet. I would usually knit a basic beanie, maybe changing colors to make it look more interesting and using up some more yarn.
- Headbands – I think that a Knitted headband is a perfect gift for anyone on your list. If you live somewhere cold, then it comes in handy! But, you can make it really thin, add some flowers, beads, any chachkis hiding around your craft room and really jazz it up.
Crochet Gift Ideas
- Hats – Once again, hats are my favorite gift to make people. I think it’s because I live in a tundra for 9 months of the year, ha! Or maybe it’s because the first pattern I ever finished successfully was a hat #nostalgia. If you don’t live in a tundra, here’s an easy springtime beanie pattern
- Coasters – Currently I have been going to some engagement parties and housewarming parties and my go to gift for these types of events are coasters. I mean, they’re super easy! I use a basic granny stitch pattern, similar here. Feel free to use yarn, hemp or anything you can crochet with!
DIY Gift Ideas
- Jewelry – Nowadays I see statement necklaces, bracelets and other beautiful pieces everywhere. If you want to I find that Michael’s is a great place to get jewelry items, as well as tag sales, and your own stash of jewelry! Mix and match and you’ll be able to make a piece that is one of a kind and beautiful!
- Canvas Quote – Not everyone is an artist, but with a canvas, some paint and stencils you can make a quote for anyone on your gift list. The one pictured was $25 at Marshall’s!