Rescued Paw Designs/Yarn Mama’s Spotlight
Hello! Coming at you today with a crafter spotlight that shows off the fabulous Krista from Rescued Paw Designs/Yarn Mama’s spotlight. Krista is a mom and dog mama, and also the yarn mama. I love her designs and her company! I’ll let you read below!
1. Tell us about your company, why you started it and your mission?
My company Rescued Paw Designs focuses on simple fun crochet designs and is a combination of
my love for all things yarn & rescue animals. A portion of everything we earn each month goes to
animal rescues & organizations. In addition to writing on Rescued Paw Designs, I recently opened a
shop called Yarn Mama’s where I design and sell comfortwear & accessories just for makers.
2. Are you a knitter, crocheter or both?
I mostly crochet but just started to get into knitting this year.
3. Who taught you?
I am a self taught crocheter. I learned through YouTube videos and reading books.
4. What’s your favorite project that you’ve made so far?
My favorite project so far has to be the Andy Scarf. It seems like a complicated design but it really is so
simple to make.
5. Is there anything that you hate doing? (I.e for me, it’s weaving in ends and socks).
Weaving in ends and not being able to finish a project without starting a new one! 🙂
6. What made you start your website and company?
It’s hard to pick any defining moment when I decided I wanted to be a business owner. But being able to
share my passion, do what I love and raise money for a good cause where all contributing factors.
7. Best yarn you’ve used recently
I couldn’t choose! I love using all types of yarns!
8. Just for fun, if you had to choose one song to play every time you walked into a room for the rest of your life, what would it be?
One Song? If anything from Bon Jovi could play it would be the perfect day!
My Yarn Mama’s Tops
I purchased a crochet tank and a Maker Tee. The quality is great and the fabric is huggable, light and soft. Both are perfect conversation starters “hey, what does SC mean?” or “so, what do you make?!” I hope you love these designs and shirts as much as I do and you check out a great company.