I have recently fallen in love with candles, currently burning this, and something about throwing away these jars or holders doesn’t feel right. The Bath and Body Works 3-wick candles are in a clear glass jar and come with a lid, which I can use for a bunch of things, how could I throw it out?? So I figured out how I can upcycle my old candle jar and I am here to show you too!
So, first, make sure you’ve used the candle to the end. Usually the wick won’t burn any more, that’s how you’ll know it’s caput.
How To Upcycle an Old Candle Jar
- Place your candle in the freezer for around 4 hours, up to 24.
- Take the jar out of the freezer, using a butter knife (I used a spoon, it works too!) dig out the remainder of the wax from the jar. Note: feel free to re-use this wax if you’re a candle maker or lover!
- Once all the contents of the jar are clean, pour some dish washer soap in the jar and let soak
- When jar is no longer cold and at room temperature, wash out with warm water. Make sure the jar is room temperature otherwise it will break!
- Clean the sticker off using dish soap as well
Now that your jar is clean you can begin to use it for whatever you like!
Some things you can use your jars for are brush holders, storage, crochet hook holders, yarn jars, homemade body butter, honestly anything you can think of. I have some that hold my SD Cards for my camera, or just random office supplies but I love how my crochet hooks look in this jar.
How’re you going to use your jars?