How I Changed My Eating Habits
A little bit of a different post today, but I thought I would start talking about some other lifestyle items. In the past couple of months I really noticed that I have slimmed down and felt stronger. I amount this to working out, lifting weights and also eating differently. Now, do I eat perfectly? Nope. I am also not a doctor so…take what I say as a grain of salt, this is what works for me, may not work for you.
What I Eat
I eat basically anything that I want, but it’s in moderation and it’s mindful. What does that mean? It means that I either make sure that what I am eating is good, whole foods, and if it’s not then I don’t eat that much of it.
This works for me because sometimes, I really want pizza, or cake, or doughnuts (read that as I always want doughnuts, always). But I would say 80% of the time I eat clean and good for you food. Veggies, lean fish, fruits and eggs make up the 80%, and then anything I want make up the other 20%.
I have done a lot of research and personal research and the more natural the ingredients are, the better I feel and, once I start eating better I usually make better decisions. So in reality, I think it’s more of a 90-10 split, but I don’t really worry about the actual percentage.
How To Change Your Old Ways
Change is hard, and usually the more you anticipate the change the harder it is. So, here is how I go about it. If you want to eat better and feel better, then you have to change something. But it can be little changes that add up to a big change. So here’s an idea.
Your goal is to have an 80-20 split. 80 good, 20 not as good. How do you get there?
Every day add 10% better eating habits into your day. This could be having an apple instead of chips, cooking with less oil, things like this.
If you do one of these things every day…you’ll be on the road to the 80-20 split in no time.
Have you recently changed your eating habits? Do you follow a strict diet? I am really really interested in Keto at the moment and have been researching that. I’ll keep you posted on that !