I’m sure we’ve all had our fair share of writer’s block, right? Well, have any of you guys gotten Crafter’s Block?! It’s the worst!! I’ve been dealing with that for the past couple of weeks, and I’ve come up with some tips to help us all over come this demon!
- Go shopping! – I can’t begin to tell you how many times I go shopping, or look online and in catalogs to see items that I love, and when I go to buy them, they’re ridiculously over priced. Why waste the money when we know we can make them??? If you think “ohh, that’s too difficult to make” feel free to ask for my advice! I love to attempt to make replicas, and if you just think about it a little, and go to Michael’s, you can do anything! Plus, shopping makes everything better.
- Ask your friends – If you’re like me, I have an endless supply of customers- my friends and family. If they’re not already telling you what they want, it’s because they’re waiting for you to ask them what they want. Sometimes the best way to get back into things is just to start making something, anything! So if you know it’s your best friends-sister-cousins-brother-in-law’s birthday soon, go ahead and make something for them!
- Buy a new craft book- whatever it is that you do, go out and look at some books for it! B&N has a huge selection of sewing, knitting, and crochet books with patterns, tutorials etc. It’s awesome! If your book store doesn’t have what you’re looking for, or you’re like me and own everything, search online for some new blogs, you’re bound to find something!
- Try something new – I started off as a knitter. That’s all I did and I took it very seriously, and one day I just couldn’t look at knitting anymore, so I began sewing, and eventually picked up crocheting. Not only do I have a new favorite hobby, but whenever I get bored of one I pick up one of the others, it’s awesome!
- Just take a break from it all – Sometimes there’s nothing you can do about crafter’s block. In these cases I would prescribe to just step away from the yarn, glue, whatever it may be, and come back to it when you’re ready. You don’t wanna push yourself too far cause you risk the chance of getting frustrated, and that’s never good. Never.
I hope these help you guys !! Keep on crafting!