BAM! We are in the halfway point of the year. Obviously this year has not been what anyone has expected. I have always talked about my goals and plans for the year. So since the world has changed, I thought I would write about my June goals and plans that I hope to achieve this month. I’ll have some professional goals, personal and health related.
My main goals for June is to create content for the blog and youtube. I want to post more often and just get back into the swing of things. There are two reasons for this.
- Creativity – I love this blog as my creative outlet. I get to make patterns, knit, crochet and take photos and videos. I personally don’t enjoy taking photos but I love editing. I’ve also stopped taking videos which used to be my favorite thing. My plan is to start slow, and slowly get back into my rhythm.
- A New Routine – Since I am going to be working from home for the foreseeable future, I need to work on my new routine and forming those habits. When I used to go into the office I never knew what to expect, how long I’d be there, etc. Now, I am trying to be more strict with my schedule because it is so easy to get overworked when you work from home. I actually plan to make more content on that so stay tuned if this is something you’re struggling with.
In June, I want to read more. I love reading, I love being outside on my deck and reading and I just haven’t been able to sit down and read. I can find 50 other things to do before I read. So I am going to make it a personal goal to read 2 books.
I have been working real hard on my fitness since staying home. I had an off week last week, but during the weekend I got back into my workouts and feel motivated again. I have been running and trying to get faster. Below are some of the goals I have
- Hit My Move Goal on my Watch Every Day of June: There is going to be more content on my apple watch and how much I love it to keep me focused.
- Run a mile in under 9 minutes: My fastest time to date is 9:15, so I want to be under 9 by the end of the month. Fun story, I can’t run yet because I sliced my foot open on Memorial Day and it’s still healing.
- No Oreos: I was going to say no cookies but that isn’t reasonable. Oreos are my favorite cookie ever. It used to not be an issue because I would bring 3 Oreos in my lunch box to work. But when quarantine started I think I ate like 3 boxes a day (Not really, but it was out of control).
What are your goals this month?